Re: RE: Eeek! More politics at the expense of the environment

Theresa,
I could understand the current administration neglecting such things as the
environment and endangered species, but they seem to be making an outright
attack on these things.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but here's another nasty plan that has
come to light:

In the local paper earlier this week there was an article outlining B's plan
for revamping the world's endangered species protection.  There are limited
funds to protect these animals, so he thinks that, since there is so much
demand for these wild creatures here in the States and since we have more
money than many of the third world countries who posess these endangered
species, they should allow us to take what we want of their animals so that
our payment would give them enough money to protect what is left.  This, of
course, would exclude any endangered species in our own country.  And why is
there such a great market here?  Pets and canned hunts.  Perhaps a few zoos,
too, but it was my impression they have their own channels to work through
the process.

I suppose his oil buddies need more heads on their walls.

Kitty