RE: now this and that- was Fires

I have been watching this fire with some concern for folks that I
know... interesting how it hit one place and just a few feet away
nothing. Fire has a mind of it's own... and changes it's targets at

Pam I think commented on the person who started it.... In some news
stories I have read, it was a hunter who got lost and was doing what
they always do... set a fire to get help... I am sure that person wishes
they were still lost. As tragic as the loss of property is, those
firefighters need to be praised for all the work they have done and the
lives that can not be replaced that were saved.

It warmed up here today big time.... but unfortunately everything has
been already hit with a few frosts..... Plants have been going in and
out of the house for weeks. I still need a few nice weekends to get
everything ready for winter, so hoping the nice weather continues here.

I didn't collect seeds this year, so now I am not sure if they would
still be good... will look around and see what is available and post
same if anyone wants them... Been a bad year for me to keep promises of
sending plants... I will be better next season!

Chris, I only know of one vet for fish that I personally trust and
know... I am sure there are many others out there, I just don't know
about them... anyways, try writing to Eric Johnson at
http://koivet.com/html/glossary/faq.php Yeah, I know it is all about
koi, but he knows about all fish.... been to some of his lectures and
wet labs. Taught me a lot! It usually is water quality, a new fish that
was entered sick, or not enough air....