Re: Computer aggrivation

Yeah, you're right. I'm going to buy her a MAC nest week end, Tired of this bull shit. Anyone want a Compaq laptop cheap?

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 07:23 PM, Donna wrote:

And the b**** of it is....

The minute he connects, something will get him again.... Now a days,
they hit before you can get the AV file updates as well as the MS
updates....and no you don't even have to open/download/read an e-mail.
The connection causes it, whether it is a dial up or dsl.

I would watch some of the settings... I believe they default to file
sharing and non-firewalled. Might want to change those before hooking up
the dsl....

Might as well download all the updates, then scan for the virus, then do
the fix. Reinstalling just causes it to happen all over again.

Donna

Wow, what a pal. I'm not familiar with Sasser, but I suppose it's a good thing you
found
out b4 she passed it on in emails - if that's possible with Sasser.

Kitty

Ms. Fatma finally got interested enough in e-mail to get a computer.
She bought a reconditioned Compaq laptop and a friend of hers set it
up
for her. When I tried to install her DSL connection, I discovered
that
in addition to Microsoft Office and a lot of other cute stuff, her
friend had also installed the Sasser virus. So. we stripped it down
empty, re-installed XP, and are now in the process of fetching the
DSL
connection and then Norton. What a pain.

Island Jim Southwest Florida 27.0 N, 82.4 W Zone 10a Minimum 30 F [-1 C]

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W