Re: Panthers

Endangered, for sure. I can't recall the number left, but remember that it struck me as very small.

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 08:13 PM, Donna wrote:

Are they considered endangered down there.... or just feistier when
making a den and could attack someone?

Heard on the radio on the way home this evening that part of the corkscrew cypress preserve has been placed off limits because there is a panther with her kitten making a den there. Florida panthers are magnificent animals, as big as a puma. I've see one close up and two from afar.

Island Jim

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W