Re: my nephew now Andreas cousin

Kitty, I'm so glad your nephew is ok.  Thank god his vehicle had the extra
armor.  I don't remember the exact number, but I thought I read/heard that there
were still thousands of vehicles in Iraq that did not have the "up armored"
kits, as they call them.

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

After the first Gulf war in 1992, then Secretary of Defense, Dick Cheney was
asked before an audience in Seattle, Why George H.W. Bush ended the first Gulf
war without occupying Iraq and toppling Saddam? This was Cheney's answer:
"I would guess if we had gone in there, I would still have forces in Baghdad
today. We'd be running the country. I don't think you could do all that
without significant additional U.S. casualties. And the question in my mind is, how
many additional U.S. casualties is Saddam worth? And the answer is not that
damned many. We are not going to get bogged down in the problems of trying to
take over and govern Iraq."