Re: Caladiums

Not sure how caladiums behave or not in your climate, Auralie. Here we just leave them in the ground. My suggestion, however, would be to dig them and save the largest bulbs/tubers/whatever. And leave the small ones in the ground to see if they survive your local ice age. You might want to plant the ones you dig up in a pot of dry planting mix for the winter and store them in a cool, dry closet somewhere. Once the weather turns above frost, take them out side into a sunny spot and pour the water to them.