Re: Plants from Gene

Hello Auralie,
Sounds like a bit too much dry and hot. Try a bit more consistent moisture, perhaps a bit more shade... especially from afternoon sun if that is what it receiving. More consistent moisture can be maintained with more humus in the soil, mulch. Long as the mulch is not over the crowns of the plants. Many of the aconites are mountain plants ..... want it cooler. I also use Fall blooming anemone between my monkshood to help hide some of the browning. This year it has been a bit unsightly for we were in drought from mid-July until yesterday.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

In a message dated 10/15/2004 11:34:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,