RE: A little bit of everything

Chris wrote: "In regards to tea, I love Earl Gray for everyday drinking.  You can buy
it
Caffeine free.  I also love Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Hazelnut and
English Toffee which are both caffeine free.  Another favorite is Chai
tea.  It's kind of spicy and rich tasting.  Yogi Tea or Stash make it in both
regular or caffeine free.  I try to buy organic teas in unbleached tea
bags since I drink a lot of tea.  I don't usually drink alcohol either, but
I don't mind a little caffeine!  Barnes and Nobel Bookstores sell a Mango
tea that I just love."

Hmmmmm....Thanks Chris.  The Mango Teas sounds GREAT.  Gonna have to try that one for sure!

Jess

Chris@widom-assoc.com wrote:
Dear All,

I've been extremely busy, so I've spent any computer time lurking. Even
though I don't write often, I want you all to know that I send prayers and
positive thoughts to all when the need arises.

I've been dragging patio containers indoors as well as making cuttings of my
favorite annuals. I always wait too long to do this! It's already gotten
pretty cold on Long Island, so some things aren't looking their best. As it
gets colder, I treasure every green plant and flower of fall all the more!
I took some mums (CHRYSANTHEMUM 'HILLSIDE PINK SHEFFIELD') into school
today. My original plants have sported so that now I have a pale pink, a
white, a deep pink in addition to the usual corally pink. I've had a huge
clump of this variety for many years. The Aronias have nice berries this
year and the callicarpas are showing off with their beautiful violet
berries. The hollies appear to have good fruit as well. Has anyone checked
to see if callicarpa berries are poisonous? Does anyone grow the white
berried variety? How do you like it?

My monkshood did the same drying up routine as yours did Auralie! I think
the suggestion to plant them with some tall growing Japanese anemones to
hide the foliage is a clever suggestion!

Donna, when I read your tree list I got very worried that we'll never find
you once you are imprisoned in your forest of big trees! Speaking of trees,
if all goes well, I will be working with a tree man on Saturday to get some
of my huge oaks cleaned of dead wood. Also, he'll be taking down a dead
cherry, limbing up a mammoth yew, and cutting down some split cedars. I
hope he shows up! Tree work is so expensive around here! He comes highly
recommended, but I'm nervous that I'll not get my money's worth.

In regards to tea, I love Earl Gray for everyday drinking. You can buy it
Caffeine free. I also love Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Hazelnut and
English Toffee which are both caffeine free. Another favorite is Chai tea.
It's kind of spicy and rich tasting. Yogi Tea or Stash make it in both
regular or caffeine free. I try to buy organic teas in unbleached tea bags
since I drink a lot of tea. I don't usually drink alcohol either, but I
don't mind a little caffeine! Barnes and Nobel Bookstores sell a Mango tea
that I just love.

I know there have been many posts that I wanted to respond to, but I have to
practice the Messiah before rehearsal on Wednesday. And then there's that
book that I wanted to read a little of before I'm forced to go to bed....

There's never enough time!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)