Re: Re: Lavender

In the workshop, the impact of wet, soggy winters (typical here) was
mentioned as one of the main things that kills lavender and rosemary.  To
help keep things drier is why you prune out the centers and prune three
times...keeping the air circulation good and why you use dirty rock, sand,
or chicken grit as planting soil (good drainage).  Also, the recommendation
was to give these plants plenty of space...no crowding.

Those of you in California and Texas have drier climates.  When visiting my
daughter in Southern California I saw rosemary hedges...beautiful...but the
native vegetation was semi-arid.  Here in ETN, we average between 40-50
inches annually.
Bonnie ETN Zone 7