RE: OT bulldogs

The breeders we've known have been very, very careful with bloodlines.  Our
vet told us about a whole litter where the breeders were not and crossed
brother and sister from the same litter once they were full grown.  Neither
owner checked bloodlines!!!  Abominable!  I cannot fathom that type of
irresponsible behavior, but then I can't imagine people hurting little
children either and we all know that happens every day.

Bulldogs were once bred to bait bulls.  They became so very mean and
aggressive that is was common for them to turn on owners and be totally
uncontrollable.  It took many generations to breed bulldogs to the point
where they could once again be handled by watching bloodlines and breeding
only the non-aggressive animals.

I think I told you once about my daughter Rayna's fierce bulldog, Kira.  She
and her fianci had gone out for the evening.  When they returned home, they
discovered that a couple of windows had been broken out and that the back
door glass had also been broken.  Like idiots, they went into the house and
followed a trail of blood into the living room where they found a VERY
inebriated man passed out on their couch with Kira snuggled up next to him,
snoring away.

All the bulldogs we've known have been like that.  Big show.  Breathing
sounds like growling.  Back away from anything unfamiliar.  They spook
easily.  Because of their size, they need training to keep them from
knocking folks down and licking them to death.

Irresponsible breeders and owners sicken me.

Blessings,
Bonnie