RE: OT bulldogs

Bonnie, if YOU raised a mountain lion it would be a pussycat. I've met
the sweetest pitbulls. It all has to do with the training. Some breeds,
many with the word "bull" somewhere in their name, were developed for
their jaw strength and aggressive tendencies to use in both good and bad
ways. Often people will purchase such animals to use as a fear factor
and encourage these tendencies in the animals rather than their
sweetness potential. Or they are neglectful which also may allow these
behaviors to surface. Donna mentioned puppymills. Inbreeding occurs and
some of these traits can get out of whack. Not all dogs are bred and
raised in the controlled environment you provide. A shame.

When we bought our g shepherd and later our malamute, we met both the
mom and dad and looked at the bloodlines of each to avoid inbreeding. We
didn't paper our dogs, just wanted assurances.

Kitty

-- "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" <wmorgan972@ameritech.net> wrote:
Good grief!  That is NOT normal bulldog behavior!!!  We wouldn't keep a mean
bulldog.  They are much to powerful physically and their jaws are
tremendously strong.  We have four right now.  Daughter Rayna has two, and
we've had bulldogs most of our married years.  I've never seen one behave in
that fashion.  I wonder if they were from a puppy mill originally.

Blessings,
Bonnie