Re: I'm back!

Cathy, we have hurricane evacuation maps given to us every year by everyone who wants to sell us insurance or a used car or something else. The maps are color coded by elevation and distance from the water's edge. It is, after all, storm surge that is the real killer, not wind and rain. Evacuations are suggested/ordered by those color codes. But when a hurricane, such as Charley last year, suddenly veers off course, it's a tad too late to change recommended to mandatory.

In Texas, not opening both sides of the interstate for exodus was stupid beyond belief. And, as Scottie pointed out, not providing fuel, water, and potty exits was equally dumb.