Re: germination temps was: hum....

Hello Kitty,
I may be just a few years older than you.... also perhaps different background...... I can clearly remember church getting very upset about situational ethics coming into vogue. That one was fought tooth and nail by the powers that be... if not clear right and wrong, everything is a "yes, but..." then sin will soon disappear for no one will be responsible for their own behavior. If no sin, then no shame, lack of self control... morals. "Sin is like butter on bread.. if you spread it around thin enough no one will be able to taste it." Paraphrase for Menninger, I believe.
But, here we are and no one even thinks of the changes any more.
What color is the middle ground between black and white... grey, I wonder?
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@netzero.net>

Re > the 50's
where everything was black and white. Yes or no. Right or wrong.

I suppose much of the era may have seemed that way, but I too am a child
of the 50s(and a bit of the 60s) and my core feeling, the way I was
taught to think or at least believe I do think as a result of my
upbringing, is that it's all grey. Very little is black and white.

-- "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com> wrote:
I do try, Auralie.
One of the things I think I have learned while gardening is to try and
keep an open mind not only about plants but the people who play with them
as well. In fact, I feel I have learned more about humanity from playing in
my garden than with my direct contact with people in the past. So many
similar streams running parallel. All this coming from a child of the 50's
where everything was black and white. Yes or no. Right or wrong.