Re: germination temps was: hum....

Well, Kitty
This is probably not the place to go into religion... it almost always end up getting headed in the wrong direction. We obviously came from differing backgrounds. To sum up my side... I do not have much use for organized religion of any shade or hue. I am happy for those who do as long as they do not try to impose their ways on me.
The world is a bit frightening right now with this growing trend toward intolerance......
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@netzero.net>
Today I see much more black and white thinking than I did growing up. In
the Catholic Church in that time before the Vatican councils that
started everyone shaking hands, in my parish we were taught some
important basics of examination of conscience. "It's only a sin if you
believe it's a sin." You were forced to think and to value thought
processes. Taking this a step further, it is actually a sin NOT to think
things through; it is a sin to blindly follow. They don't teach it that
way anymore I guess. I recently had a little run-in on this with my
cousin who joined the seminary a couple of years ago.

But I'm sure different religions or even the same religion in different
regions taught things in their own way. There is also something ot be
said for perspective. My two sisters and I were taught the same things
but each of us had a different "take" on some things.

Today many people are walking around saying and believing that if you
don't do a certain thing, you will be banned from entering heaven. We
were taught that if you firmly believed what you believed and followed
your conscience, you would attain heaven one day (purgatory not
withstanding) This meant everyone was welcome in God's house, Buddhists,
Muslims, Jews, Baptists, so long as they were true to their beliefs.
This makes sense to me.