From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:29 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] is hort down?

In a message dated 10/18/05 10:35:53 PM, red4@omni-tech.net writes:

> some of the bugs are dead
> from the frost last week

Rich, do you have the Asian lady beetles that move in after the beans have
been harvested?   Ugh, they are terrible.   They bite, smell & leave a stain
if
smashed.   I understand, after talking with a grape grower/wine maker they
are
a real problem for them.   If I is collected with the grapes they have a chg
of wine taste.   The grower said both he & his son, who are in business
together, ate a beetle to know what they taste like.   He said they taste
just like
they smell :-( Yuch
     Ceres