Re: help ID and moving instructions?

I'd say you guys are right. Flower looks right; leaf looks right.

On Oct 24, 2005, at 2:38 PM, kmrsy@netzero.net wrote:

I bet you're right! I couldn't tell much about the leaves in the picture at the site you cited. Here's one of just the leaves:
http://hort.net/+130_

Kitty

-- Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
Looks to me like what we call a Montauk daisy.

http://www.natorp.com/Montauk%20Daisy.htm
Montauk Daisy

Nippon Daisy
Nipponanthemum nipponicum

Nipponanthemum nipponicum which was formerly known as Chrysanthemum
nipponicum and is commonly known as Nippon Daisy or Montauk Daisy is a somewhat shrubby
perennial with dark green leaves and white, yellow-centered daisylike
flowers in fall. Select a site in full sun with average, well drained soil. The
Montauk Daisy will grown 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide. If the plants are not killed
to the ground over the winter, cut them nearly to the ground in early spring
to control their height. Pinch off tips of new stem growth whenever it is 3
inches to 5 inches long. Continue pinching as needed until mid-July. Divide in
the spring every 2 to 3 years.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W