Re: Ball gardens....addiction.

I assure you, I jest not!!  LOL  Garden chat does give the plant  nut an
outlet to vent, and to find solice that they are not alone in their  addiction,
but.....on the negative side, it is like a drug addict going to  Woodstock (for
lack of a better analogy).......it's just encouraged me to try  new plants.

Usually the severity of my addiction doesn't show until I have to cover or
bring things in for the winter.  In past years we've had such mild winters
though, and I've tended to stick with plants that would pretty much make
it......and most do.  The ones that don't just left room for new  ones.  (big smile)
However, then Rita came along......"bring in  everything not permanent in
your garden".    AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It blew my mind how much we
really  had.  Geesh. The more I moved, the more I found.   Unbelievable!!!!
I felt like living in one of those shows where they  unearth horders houses
full of papers, etc.  I eventually gave up totally,  figured that even Rita
would have a hard time figuring out what to pick up and  throw.  LOL

The real wake up call came though....when I figured I'd learned my lesson
and would not add any more plants......a month after the hurricane I went to
several plant sales.....sure I used restraint, and my usual judgement as to what
 to buy and what not....but...I BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    After  all these
were plants I just had to have, hadn't had before, or was talked into  trying
from palm enthusiasts, bamboo enthusiasts, etc. etc.  All friends,  mind
you.....now what kind of friend would fuel an addict's fire, when they know  I
didn't want to get into bamboo's and palms????  Never fails, they GIVE  you a
plant to try....you'll love it they say.....HA...sure enough........after  all,
it's a plant!

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 10/27/2005 11:02:28 PM Central Standard Time,