Re: New USDA zone map

I thought that Phase 2 sounded hopeful.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] New USDA zone map

You got that part about the Sunset Zones right, Daryl. The data is there to do the map right; the will/money is probably not.

On Oct 28, 2005, at 5:39 PM, Daryl wrote:

I remember when the AHS Heat Zone Map was introduced, and Tony's reaction to
it.

When I saw the c### that the AHS was promoting for a new Hardiness Zone map,
I figured he'd go ballistic. I'm glad - it seems like he did, and we might
get something useful out of it.

It would be great if we could get something like the Sunset Zones with microclimates taken into consideration.

Daryl
Zone 7a
Gardening on Heavy Clay

----- Original Message ----- From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>