Re: OT - television

Eva and Kitty, you might have enjoyed my club's little flower show a month
ago.  The theme was "Small Screen," as it was a "Petite Standard" show
with all small designs and all dwarf or miniature horticulture.  The classes
went like this:  Horticulture Division - Reality Shows
The Apprentice - Annuals
The Contender - Bulbs, Corms, Tubers
Survivor - Perennials
American Idol - Roses
Extreme Makeover - Branches
The Bachelor - Vegetables
The Bachelorette - Herbs
Fear Factor - Cactus and other succulents
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy - Flowering container-grown plants
Popularity Contest - Foliage container-grown plants
The Amazing Race - Collections
    Design Division - Family Entertainment
Section A - Soap Operas                            Section B - Sit-coms
    Class 1. The Edge of Night                            Class 4. Family Ties
    Class 2. The Guiding Light                             Class 5. The Odd
    Class 3. The Bold and the Beautiful                Class 6. Cheers

I don't think I had ever seen many of these shows, but we had fun with the
ideas, and those who do watch television seemed quite taken with it.

Kitty, I don't think it's my eyesight - I can see some shows quite well
enough, and my eyes are really not bad even though old.  I just don't like
that particular style.  I'm glad you enjoy television - we all need some
form of relaxation.  My vice is murder mysteries and puzzles plus I play
a lot of computer solitaire.
In a message dated 10/31/2005 10:01:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,