Blooming teas...for us gardeners!

Has anyone tried the Chinese Blooming Teas?  My daughter Rayna saw a PBS
special on them and wanted them for her birthday this weekend.  They are tea
leaves hand sewn with blossoms into a sort of dried clump or ball.  When
dropped in hat water, they begin to re-hydrate and unfurl (which marketers
call blooming, of course.)  Since they are hand sewn, they are fairly
expensive and to get the full artistic effect, one needs a glass pot to brew
the tea.  She is holding off using her birthday tea until the glass pot
comes tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me about their flavors?  I've seen a demonstration of the
"bloom" but none of us has actually tasted Blooming Tea (which comes in a
variety of flavors and artistic combinations.)

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)