Re: Social security overflow, change the law

I was really surprised by the number of people who responded to this.  I
agree with many of you -- there's a perception by the average citizen that
government employees on pensions are living high on the hog.

I admit that some are -- football and basketball coaches at colleges come
to mind.  But when you look at a secretary who might be making $30K/year,
a $1000/month pension isn't going to cut it.  That's especially true if
they can't draw on their 15 years of social security either.

And the military people...  Talk about sacrifice!  They sacrifice their
lives (sometimes literally, sometimes figuratively) for this country,
but when they retire they must continue to sacrifice.

Anyhow, I hope that some of you have contacted your representative about
this issue using the info below.  We all appreciate it!  And for those of
you who can't 'double dip' <scoff>, maybe the bill will finally let you
collect the SS benefits that you're due.