Re: OT - the tree is coming down

Schinus molle, California pepper. When I was a really little kid--<4 years--we lived in a farm house that had a large one for a shade tree in the back yard. I've always liked them, but they are messy, and it's very difficult to grow anything under them, even grass. Also they are somewhat brittle, given to shattering. But they are also drought tolerant.