Re: uh oh

Just a note on my original uh-oh. We've finally passed throught the freeze dip and will be having more seasonal temps for awhile. I had left one purple fountain grass and one Plumbago out there, fully exposed, and they are unscathed. Everything out there in the tenders bed looks just as it did before.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] uh oh

Oh boy. I hope you dry some of those poblanos, Cyndi. They dry super-raisiny and are just great in any sauce made with dried chiles. They are also fairly expensive as dried peppers--like $5 for a pack of nine or ten peppers. I envy you and may try to grow some in the next pepper cycle.

I also picked about five pounds of poblano peppers but I only managed to
roast, peel and freeze about 3 lbs. I can do a pound every night, I
think, and maybe I'll manage to get them all inside before it freezes.
First freeze is usually around the end of October, and if I'm lucky it
will not damage much because we normally have a couple weeks of good
weather again after that. But next weekend we are going horse camping so
I will not be able to do anything then.

Cyndi

Island Jim
Southwest Florida