From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Re: Bad weather in Texas

ROFL Bonnie, that's because I figured you all were tired of hearing about
our weather problems here in Texas.  By now everyone knows that we either
dont'
get rain at all, or we get too much at one time.  Do appreciate  everyone
caring....though.  And quite frankly, Bonnie, I had no idea at the  time
that it was that bad.  We had no elec. for hours up to that point, and  then
I was just so thrilled that there was a lull in the storms and the elec.
came back
that I got online to have some connection with the world.   LOL

I have to admit though, this was by far much worse than the supposed
hurricane we had last year.  The winds were just horrible, and the rains
too.   My
backyard got 8 inches, according to the rain guage,  and flooded again, like
usual, we had to go out and net the fish and  turtles off the patio again
and put them back into the ponds, and drain  things.  Have 3 inches of
standing water in the back now, but it will  receed until the next round of
storms to come on Thursday.  My street had  water up to the sidewalk, but
nothing serious.

Much of the Houston area was hit really bad.  I didn't have  to go out,
thank goodness....so didn't....but got to see the endless  coverage after
the elec.
came back on.   I'm sure that Scottie and others  along the coast had it far

worse.  They had to evacuate some of the places,  like Angleton, just south
of me.  12 Tornados were reported in the Houston  area, a few touched down.

High tides.  I'm sure everyone agrees, here  in the Houston area, that this
was worse than the Hurricane as far as  weather.  Apparently it was
tropical, remnants of Tropical storm  or Hurricane Norma crossed Mexico and
entered the Gulf
and came up and hit  us.   Northeast Houston got hit hard too with lots of
flooding.   Bayous were all out of their banks.  Lots of clean up  today.
Several people lost their lives.
 Life on the Gulf Coast......

Pam, so happy you got two inches of rain from the storms, I think  most of
the folks here in this area would have rather had 2 than the  10+.
Noreen
zone 9
a soggy, wet, Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 10/16/2006 11:02:22 PM Central Standard Time,