Re: bad weather in Texas

Still cannot get into the backyard, just the patio, so no clue.   Houston is
STILL under a flash flood warning.....all bayous and rivers are  either near
or over their banks.  More storms forecast for today and
tomorrow.....so......doesn't look good.   Only consolation is that our  street has never flooded,
not with 15 inches of rain in our area, when the  entire subdivision flooded
and not during Allison when Houston got 45 inches of  rain.  So....we are hoping
our luck holds out.  However, other areas  of Houston and the Gulf Coast are
not as fortunate, unfortunately.  We are  all hoping it doesn' t get bad for
them.  Did anyone ever hear back from  Scottie????
On a personal note.....A long time serious plant collector is having his
fall plant sale this weekend......looking forward to that, but he lives in an
area that is prone to flooding.....so we are hoping they don't get it  badly.
Not just because of the sale, but they are both quite elderly, she  has
Parkinsons and bound to a wheelchair now, which is why we help out at the  sales all
the time.  They haven't been flooded badly since Allison,  but.....that area
was hit really hard on Monday, so not sure they can take much  more.
 Saturday we are going on a long awaited Bromeliad Society  fieldtrip to
Louisianna.  So nice weather would be nice.
zone 9
a soggy wet Texas Gulf Coast

Noreen,  sorry to hear about your flooding and storm.  How does it look