Re: uh-oh freezes

Ceres, I'm not familiar with that book, but I totally agree to a  point.  I
think there are plants that definitely will not make it through  the winter of
certain zones despite ones best intentions and care.  For  those plants that
are marginal, I do believe that proper preparation  helps.  Not sure what other
care the book talks about but we've found that  a well hydrated plant is far
less likely to suffer frost damage than one that is  not.  Mulching, covering,
etc. also helps.  Planting in well protected  areas vs. planting out in the
open,  planting under evergreen trees vs.  deciduous.  And so forth.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast  where it is raining again!!
In a message dated 10/16/2006 8:14:39 PM Central Standard Time,