Re: Still not gardening

Cyndi, my #2 son and his wife run a rescue operation for retired racehorses -
ones that would be sent to the knackers otherwise.  They currently have
18, but are looking to cut back.  According to them, these horses, mostly
thoroughbreds, usually need rehabilitation and retraining, but eventually
make superb riding-horses and pets.  (I know, you aren't supposed to make
a pet of a horse, but they definitely do.)  They have placed some of them in
what they consider good homes - like giving away kittens, they won't let one
go until they are sure about what kind of treatment it will receive.  Perhaps
there is such a resource near you.  My son says they are all over the
country, usually near either race courses or agricultural schools (he's not
far from Saratoga in one direction and Cornell in the other).  If so, this
could be a source of a fine horse and do a good deed for the animal, too.
Just a thought.

In a message dated 10/23/2006 11:05:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,