Re: gardenchat DIGEST and update

Haven't really had much time to think about things too much.   We  have a
Halloween Haunted House every year, have had that for the kids since I  was a
kid, so I continue the tradition.  With fewer and fewer kids  (although we do get
between 75-100) it was just a lot of work to decorate that  much for one
night.  And since everyone wanted to see the "house" but could  not get out
Halloween, we "host" our monthly Ladies Bunco and  then a Halloween party at my
house too.  So, between that  and everything, it just keeps me busy to not think
about things  much.   HA!   Today I'm off to volunteer at another plant  sale.
Just figures that Oct. is one of the busiest with plant society  events,
plant sales, etc. too  So that all helped too.
Kittens are actually still at a stage where they are very little
problem....yet!!  They are just now starting to move around securely on  their feet and
venturing out further than a two foot radius.  Now the "fun"  will start.  LOL
Turtles are getting to the point where they no  longer have to be hand fed as
much.  The baby dove has a whole family of  fellow doves to take care of it,
so no problem there.  Just going to have  to be much more observant to catch
all the eggs...and that too should be winding  down as winter draws near.  The
babies will all be trained to get along  with each other.  All our
pets.....turtles, rabbit, birds, guinea pig, dogs  and cats all grow up together, so they
don't realize that they are  different.  LOL   They all get along amazingly
well.  Only  ones that have to really be separated are Ellie and her
sister....they used to  be best friends, but had an argument over the attention of our
only male in the  house (other than dh), a Chow, Sabo.  That ended the
friendship....and  they've been mortal enemies ever since.   This does create
problems,  but we learned to live with it.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 10/27/2006 11:03:03 AM Central Standard Time,