Re: new friend

Spoken, I suppose, like a true alpha cat. But that's more or less how it is here, too. Squinty was here for about 2 weeks before Bashful arrived, That was a year and a half ago. She's just now getting used to the idea that it's not her food bowl.

On Oct 13, 2007, at 3:43 PM, Kitty wrote:

None of my other cats seemed to take to Slugger, the newest addition who arrived about 3 yrs ago. Then he was a bit pushy trying to play and the other 4 either ignored him or gave him a hard time. Within a yr his demeanor changed and he's more of a weeny than a slugger. He seems scared of everything and always defers to the others. This "allergy" he has seems to have contributed. You never know when he'll go into a fit. I couldn't afford to keep up the prescription food so now they are all on Eagle Pack Holistic Duck an Oatmeal formula. It has no fish or corn. So far so good; his attacks are fewer. The others seem more tolerant of Slugger now than in the beginning; there was never a question as to their having a choice in the matter. When each of them arrived, they were accepted - eventually. They have to accept a new one if I decide to give it a home. They may grumble about it for awhile, but they do move over and make room.

Must be fine to have a little one again.  Keep us posted Theresa.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] new friend

No name yet- I'm holding off until I see if I'm able to keep her. George was really cold this AM- he wouldn't sleep in either my bed or his. Finally got him settled in the heated cat bed for a bit this AM about 7. He also wouldn't take his meds this am. Not surprised too much by this, but he's such a laid back cat, I didn't this he'd be this upset by her. And he seems to be getting more annoyed by her presence instead of less. We'll see. I've got all day today and tomorrow.... In the meantime, she really is delightful- lots of fun to watch and very cuddly.
Theresa

Pam Evans wrote:
She sounds darling, does she have a name yet?