From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 10:11 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Anyone gardening this weekend?

Not sure here. Somewhat depends on the weather, which is 50-50 chance
of rain. Just loaded up the drier with peppers and there are more that
need to go in. There's probably a pound or two of Okinawa spinach that
I should pick and freeze. Meyer lemons are beginning to ripen as are
the key limes, so I need to consider getting the juicer out and into
operation. I just picked an atemoya, and it's ready to eat, so I need
to check the tree for more of them. The black sapote should also have
ready-to-pick fruit this time of year, so I'll have to check it. But
all those things won't take more than a few hours, four at the most.

On Oct 26, 2007, at 10:37 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

> So what's everyone got planned for the weekend?  Husband has a riding
> lesson Saturday and some chores to do for our water company, but I am
> hoping for some major garden clean-up time. I am going to clean up the
> greenhouse and maybe move some plants in, even though the weather has
> been pretty warm. Then I'm not sure - I can either head for the front
> yard and keep tackling that, or I can get rid of what's left in the
veg
> garden. The veg garden will be more satisfying since it will be easy
> tell it's done. The front yard needs the work more.
> Some things I can't do because our water is going to be rationed over
> the coming week. We get deliveries from a big water agency and we also
> have wells, but the agency is shutting down for a week to do
> maintenance
> so we (and everyone else in this valley who gets water from them) is
> going to be short. Ask me if I think this is a good idea in the middle
> of a fire season, to be shutting off the water flow. At least we have
> wells but they don't put out enough to even keep all the households
> supplied if they don't conserve. Should be interesting.
>
> Cyndi

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W