Re: Now I'm gardening

Ok- I'm now getting my butt up off the couch and going to buy a rake from HD (the roofer guys seem to have collected mine along with theirs when they were here in spring). Maybe I'll find a plant I like while I'm there!

Andrea Hodges wrote:
Has anyone seen the latest issue of Garden Gate? It has a stunning shade
garden in it and I am attempting to duplicate it to some extent. I went to MY
Garden Gate yesterday and got Hostas for $2.50 each and then lucked out at
another place and got Astillbe's on sale  for $5.50 each for 3 gal. I got
four-3 peach blossom and 1 magenta color-
I've been rearranging the hostas I already had so I've got variegated, lime,
and blue together. I also rearranged some ferns,  and put in two Tassel ferns
that I got yesterday for $3.50 each. Um, bought a mini pink impatiens to make
cuttings of and have been spreading the seeds of my planted impatiens all
around. I'm very excited about next spring. I also found another spike on an
orchid. It's gorgeous here. I have the windows and doors open and the dogs are
having a ball because there's a tiny nip in the air.  It's a good day.

Hope you are all having one as well.

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC