Re: OT - how are everyone's new babies doing?

Jim,
This is such a funny vision! You with your robe cinched up and chasing a sideways cat.... wish you had a video of that? That would definitely win big bucks on Funnies Home Videos.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - how are everyone's new babies doing?

I love them at that age. When we first got Beans, we lived in a condo, which had an up-tight policy about pets running loose in the hallways. Beans intuitively understood this policy and set out to challenge it at every opportunity. It reached the point where I had to lock her in the bathroom just to retrieve the morning paper.

But when she did escape--which was often, much to my consternation--she would race down the hall to the elevators and sit there somewhat patiently for one of them to open and take her to freedom. For my part, I would cinch up my robe, yell to Ms Fatma that I was chasing "that cat" [lest I got locked out], grab my water gun, and trudge down the hall after Beans. When she would see me--with the water gun--she would race back to our apartment door, which Ms Fatma was usually holding open.

And as she raced back, she ran as fast as she possibly could, so fast, in fact, the her longer hind legs overtook her shorter front legs, and by the time she got to our apartment door, she was ether running sideways or backwards. Funniest thing I've ever seen.