Re: OT - bird drama

Lots of those here, too.  There are more chipmunks this year than
I have ever seen before - and others are saying the same thing.  I
can't figure out why their population has exploded so much.  I can
see several any time I look out my window.  One chippie has been
climbing up the garage wall and getting onto the tube feeder that
hangs under the eaves.  He just curls himself around in the dish
part at the bottom of the tube feeder - it's really cute to see, but
annoying as anything.  Squirrels climb down onto the feeder, too.
They will stretch with their back feet on the wall and their front feet
in the feeder.  Comic to look at, but again, terribly annoying.

We really have an amazing amount of wildlife here, especially
considering that we are right in the middle of urban sprawl.
Every evening for a while we have had a flock of turkeys parade
through the drive - eight or nine of them.  What ridiculous-looking
creatures!
Auralie

In a message dated 9/30/2008 10:22:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,