From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:40 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] cat news

I took a sick half day from work yesterday to take Braveheart & Seamus
the vet.  Seamus had been limping since Friday but I couldn't determine
Vet said that since all seemed ok with him, his guess was a bee sting;
gave him an injection to help speed recovery.  Guess what! Seamus'
weight is
down to 18.9 from 23.5 last June.
Braveheart (now up to 9.5 from a previous 8.9 pounds)  is not doing well
the walking department, seems to be getting worse.  Vet put him back on
Cosequin for arthritis and suggested I sprinkle potassium on his food.
Cleaned more wax from his gnarley ears, kept using a camera to find
and gave me stuff to put in daily for a week, and then once weekly, to
dissolve the last bit he couldn't reach.  As to BH's occasional
avoidance of
the litterbox, he prescribed Litter Magnet, which you mix with the
and is supposed to entice them to use it.  We'll see.  Smelled
like ground catnip which BH can't seem to smell.

$123 later we're all home safe and sound.

neIN, Zone 5