Re: cat news

I guess the vet gave it a pass, but Seamus's 20 percent weight loss in 3-4 months seems a tad worrisome to me.

On Oct 22, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Kitty wrote:

I took a sick half day from work yesterday to take Braveheart & Seamus to the vet. Seamus had been limping since Friday but I couldn't determine why. Vet said that since all seemed ok with him, his guess was a bee sting; he gave him an injection to help speed recovery. Guess what! Seamus' weight is down to 18.9 from 23.5 last June. Braveheart (now up to 9.5 from a previous 8.9 pounds) is not doing well in the walking department, seems to be getting worse. Vet put him back on Cosequin for arthritis and suggested I sprinkle potassium on his food. Cleaned more wax from his gnarley ears, kept using a camera to find more, and gave me stuff to put in daily for a week, and then once weekly, to dissolve the last bit he couldn't reach. As to BH's occasional avoidance of the litterbox, he prescribed Litter Magnet, which you mix with the litter and is supposed to entice them to use it. We'll see. Smelled suspiciously like ground catnip which BH can't seem to smell.

$123 later we're all home safe and sound.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5

Island Jim
Willamette Valley