Re: Greenhouse problems

I can pretty much guarantee that your ficus will be fine.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 1:49 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Greenhouse problems

I discovered the fan in my greenhouse wasn't working when I checked my
plants over the weekend.  It must have gotten into the 100s in there
even with the door open.  The ficus and geranium got pretty crispy and a
couple succulents even got toasted. Good thing I hadn't moved everything
in yet. Husband says a bearing seized up and (insert technical details)
anyway, I had to order a new fan. We'll see if the ficus leafs out
again, I have more geranium plants and the succulents will just have to
look ugly for a little while.  Could have been worse.
I filled up the dumpster again with the rest of the big juniper we took
out, and filled up the regular green waste can with the dead basil. Just
didn't realize how big those plants were until I started pulling them
out. At least they smell good! We opened the gate for the chickens so
they can scratch around in the veggie garden area.
I've pretty much decided against the blue rug juniper for my bare spot
in the front.  I really have never liked junipers of any kind and I
would rather have something more decorative. At least, that's what I'm
thinking today. I have a long history of dithering.  :-)