Re: Greenhouse problems

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Greenhouse problems
  • From: "Jesse Bell" <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:30:51 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=ON5iuz7eu5Lt8W3YBbax09vlsmYPjXY+pKYK1qJOLvo=; b=WNeonKj12IBWLqoK8eTiUsHOBgVbkh8xhgmzZKOCS5mAZyTNp5O8hY2Djx0gKU9muu fn/TvdpVs1ZbIHSnQ1ZBGVcM3xuHdFg9SOgXljkz1gjxzoL0kPXCRwsbenoZR5KTV8yS ueg141xvBWPpy6zV4O7eQwDZlbxxY5TJ12aio=

O.K., any suggestions for a heater for my greenhouse?  Normal floor heaters
really eat up the electricity and I hate that.  It's a "portable type" and
not the best in the world.  I can see where some of the panels are not
fitting tightly and will have to work on it some.  We found it on Craig's
List for $300.00.  They bought it for $600.00 and never used it much.  So -
here I am - a first time greenhouse user and I know NOTHING.  Right now I
have a heat lamp in there because the temps are only low at night.  No need
for a fan just yet because I can vent the windows.  I guess I'll
eventually have to get the automatic vent openers.
We how a power outage last night, 2:00 in the morning, and my first thought
was "cr*p, I hope it comes back on soon or my plants will suffer".  I liked
it better when I could drag them in the house...but my husband was tired of
that.  So - HE is the one who bought the greenhouse.  I feel like I'm
leaving my children in the cold or unattended.