RE: rainnnnnnnn

  • Subject: RE: rainnnnnnnn
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:14:47 -0700

Cool and windy here, no rain in the forecast which is both good and bad.
Bad because there is yet another major fire burning close by, this one
is the Sheep fire. My sister has her horse trailer hooked up and is
ready to get out, although she says it is not close enough to her place
to be real worried, but she's been through it before and is not going to
wait to get ready.
But no rain is also good because any major rain this winter will let
loose flooding on the hillsides already burnt. The mountains are very
crumbly and there is a sad history of major landslides and debris flows
following big fires.
Anyway...no gardening for me this weekend, I spent it all doing laundry
and cleaning closets. On Sunday, DH said he was going to Home Depot and
asked if I wanted to go, "sure why not" I said. There wasn't anything I
needed but I have been thinking about redoing the floor in the
laundry/back bathroom. So I looked at tile...didn't see anything I
liked...looked at bathroom vanities, if I'm redoing the floor maybe I
need a new vanity...hey I like that mirror. They offered me 25% off
since they had two on display. Now I have a new mirror, better get the
little medicine cabinet that matches it. And a new light fixture since
the old one won't match either. DH said, a little stunned, "All I needed
was some wire...". :-)