Tango lilies

  • Subject: Tango lilies
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:00:34 -0500

Does anyone know any background on these lilies? At first I thought they might be a new classification, like orienpets. But, most info I found had me guessing that they are a "series" of Asiatic lilies, but then, most websites don't think you want the details.

Then I found an entry for B&D Lilies, which I figured would give me the scoop. They did give more, but not the whole picture. They list them as: Classification: Asiatic Hybrid Lily . Well, ok, but what were they crossed with? Tee L/A hybrids are Asiatics crossed with Lilium longiflorum (Easter Lily). So what did they cross to get the Tangos? Anyone know?

Ya know, for as much as the internet makes it possible to get more information, the more the websites try to dumb it down for us. It can be really hard to find something that is slightly obscure or relatively new. And don't anybody try to steer me toward the worthless Bing.

neIN, Zone 5