From: Donna  [mailto: justme@prairieinet.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
     Cc: jsinger@IGC.ORG
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:08:14 -0500
Subject: [CHAT] a friend looking for a plant id

Hello all...<br><br>I got this picture and message from Island Jim....

is the first entry, jims unidentified cactus flower.<br><br>Here is his
bit of help from my<br>friends" <br>I'll be able to figure out what the
cactus in the attached picture is.<br>It <br>was planted with three
Madagascar palms in a large pot. Because the <br>Madagascar palms are
really beginning to take off [the largest one is <br>branching at long
last], we decided today to remove and repot the<br>cactus. <br>And lo
and behold it was blooming! The bloom is no bigger than a
penny.<br><br>It rained at least once every day in August except
yesterday. Sometimes<br>it <br>rained all day long; sometimes it rain
for only an hour or so. It is <br>pouring right now.<br><end

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com