RE: strange gardening year

Yep Bonnie, you are less than a week behind me in the gardening season.
I had to take a trip up north today and was amazed at the fall colors
you can notice from the highways...

To answer you question, they are called flower carpet roses and come in
a pink pot at the local nurseries around here. They are nothing
exceptional, but tolerate everything! I have them planted in front of my
bay window and since they are a shrub rose, they never get too high,
more like a ground cover they way they branch out sideways.. They are
about 1 1/2 ft tall and 3 ft around. Bloom their heads off, wish they
had more scent. No special pruning, fussing, and can handle my clay and
winters... what more could I ask for! :)

And to those who are going to comment about all the other great
varieties,.... I envy you! I killed off about 4 dozen types already and
gave up! No doubt there are many nicer, attractive, scented ones out
there... they just don't grow here for me.