Once again my local garden center had another affair...(yep, same one
that did the night party)

They featured four seminars throughout the day, I attended three of
them. I am guessing the word got out about their last affair, since
prior to this about 10-15 folks attended seminars, yesterday there was
50 or so....

In the hopes of keeping things intimate, they changed the plan mid
stream. The divided the attendees in half and ran the first two seminars
at the same time. Hope that makes sense to you guys ( half walked
outside to do the soil preparation, while the other half stayed in the
greenhouse for the creating fall interest in the garden presentation--
then they reversed it so all got to see both) Liked the handouts for
each seminar, as well as Proven Winners brochure....

I liked the concept of a small rather than a large group, so individual
questions could be addressed. Also liked the breakfast and lunch type
munchies that were served also :)..and once again the music was playing
in-between seminars... Also interesting that Wayne made a speech before
starting, declaring that his nursery is not that wealthy to provide all
of this...(only been there for 4 years)... and that most of the folks
working/speakers today were volunteers, not paid folks. I hope that this
garden center survives the time, and probably will with all the folks
backing him, as well as a good cliental.

Shocker- I only bought 3 plants and a couple scarecrows!(and everything
was once again on sale).. so who has experience with:

Callicarpa dichotoma 'early Amethyst'- purple beautyberry

Physocarpus opulifolius 'seward' - summer wine ninebark.- This is
supposed to be a dwarf variety of ninebark... only 5ft tall with a 3-4
ft spread...I sure hope they are right!

Also purchased another clematis, double version... duh- multi-blue name
I think...

Hoping to get these all in the ground today! (yeah, right, maybe

Who is thinking of also helping out there since I have to do so many
speeches for the National Wildlife Federation anyways....might schedule
one there in the spring.... anyone else ever volunteer to help out with
a garden center 'commercial business' affair and what was the outcome? I
have always volunteered at nature centers/parks/non-profit groups
stuff... never commercial business....thoughts?