Lizard in the Sink

Ms. Fatma washes the dishes last thing in the PM. First thing in the AM [after making the coffee] I put them away. This morning when I emptied the dish drainer [no mechanical washer here], I discovered an anole in the sink. It was trying to get out, but the steep porcelain sides of the sink continually thwarted its attempts. When the dishes were in all their proper places, I removed the drainer. The anole became stock-still; I grabbed it, carried it to the back door, and tried to toss it outside. "Tried" is the controlling word here. It grabbed onto my index finger so tightly I had to pluck it off. I put it in the top of a corkscrew croton next to the door. I locked the door as soon as my arm was again inside the house.

Island Jim Southwest Florida 27.0 N, 82.4 W Zone 10a Minimum 30 F [-1 C]