Re: Genes greenhouse/ troughs

In a message dated 9/18/04 7:56:06 AM, genebush@otherside.com writes:

<< but also be heavy as hey >>

Gene, you are not making them that thk.  The largest I have made is the
castor bean leaf which is bigger than the rhubarb leaf and it is easy for me to
    Remember the great leaves are available now and leaves available in the
winter when you have time to work with it will be greatly reduced.  The lg
quilted hosta leaves are great. I am trying to make some up & have to paint this
    There is a lady here in Iowa that is selling them in gift shops and hers
are perfect.  She is doing even very small leaves making all sorts of items.
Her finish is very fine and it has been guessed that she may be using patching
cement.  I have no experience with this product so do not know how it looks.
Are you familiar with it?
    I have used the wire mesh in the hypertufa but have also used the
fiberglass shreds.  The first one I made I didn't use either and it is still good
after using approx 5 yrs.