Re: Genes greenhouse/ troughs

Hello Ceres,
I know about patching cement... have mixed it myself and purchased it in tubes for small jobs. I do not know anything about it other that picked up some at the hardware store, used it and went on without thinking. So... so not have a decent answer for you on differences. yes, it is much more fine in texture. Supposed you could get it in 5 gallon buckets at the hardware store, use that if you choose. Have to give it a look.
We gave up on using hardware cloth in hypertufa. Too hard to work with, not worth the effort ..in my opinion. Do use fiber mesh in all troughs.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

There is a lady here in Iowa that is selling them in gift shops and hers
are perfect. She is doing even very small leaves making all sorts of items.
Her finish is very fine and it has been guessed that she may be using patching
cement. I have no experience with this product so do not know how it looks.
Are you familiar with it?
I have used the wire mesh in the hypertufa but have also used the
fiberglass shreds. The first one I made I didn't use either and it is still good
after using approx 5 yrs.