Re: Katrina cont > today

David & Kitty,

I've been around.

Today's LA Times has a much briefer story covering the same territory the Journal did yesterday.
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/editorials/la-ed-katrina2sep02,0,152176.story?coll=la-news-comment-editorials
The bottom line is that such a scenario (hurricane plus levee breach)
was repeatedly predicted by numerous sources, including FEMA. Yet Bush
said they didn't know the levees would be breached. I predict that there
will be no Congressional investigation on this. It would be too
embarrassing and self-incriminating.

The last few years have been great for me. Thanks for asking. I became a
first time grandmother finally, retired, adopted a sweet dog from the
pound, and am stretching my reduced income by traveling.

Janet

-------------- Original message from "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>: --------------