Re: I'm sad

Cyndi, I am so sorry for your loss. Getting a new Rott is a good idea; it
will be lucky to have a home with you, and it will also help ease your
grief. Since my Akita, Cody, died a couple of months ago, it has been a
relief to be able to hug Max (my Norwegian Elkhound) now and again. I will
always miss the poor sweet Cody, but Max makes it easier.

 On 9/4/05, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
> My almost 12-year old rottweiler died Friday. She hadn't been feeling well
> for the last month, refusing to eat much and panting a lot. We thought at
> first it was stomach upset caused by her arthritis medicine, and she
> rallied
> a little after we took her off it, but it didn't last long. I put her on
> prednisone for a few days and she really perked up but it was an illusion.
> chest x-ray showed an enlarged heart, lungs filled with fluid, and masses
> of
> something inside where there shouldn't be anything. Cancer I guess.
> So it was the end of the road for Roxie. I used to call her my Rocket dog
> because she was always lit up. I can't believe so much energy had to get
> old
> and die. She was a real character and I'm going to miss her forever.
> But never look back, they say. In a few months when I'm over the worst of
> this we'll be looking for another Rott that needs a home. In the meantime
> give your pets a hug for me.
> Cyndi

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7