Re: I'm sad

> My almost 12-year old rottweiler died Friday.
> But never look back, they say. In a few months when I'm over the worst of
> this we'll be looking for another Rott that needs a home. In the meantime
> give your pets a hug for me.

Cyndi,

   I gave Romeo a big hug after reading this.  He doesn't really like hugs
   very much (he always shakes himself off and runs off after one), but it
   made me feel better.

   I'm really sorry that you lost your companion.  I don't understand why
   dogs have to have such short life spans compared to us.  :(  I know that
   Roxie touched your life in a good way and you made her life as good as
   you could, so you should be proud and thankful of the time that you two
   had together.  Like you say, another rottweiler will be looking for
   a home and you'll become his or her provider and friend.  And that's
   all that really matters in the grand scheme of things, right?

   Take care and know that we're all here for you,

Chris