MG program problems

Bonnie,
I was having a little trouble understanding your description of the problem.
Two counties, let's say Knoxville County and Other County shared teaching
and coordinating.  Now Knoxville Agent doesn't want to count volunteer work
done at Trail Garden which is in Other County.  Is that right?

On our most recent workday at our Allen County Display Gardens we had
several MG interns from other counties join us to try to accrue hours for
their MG status.  Our Hort Ed travels to Steuben, DeKalb and other counties
to help them with their training programs sometimes and they are quite
welcome to join us.  The hope is that once they have some experience under
their belts they'll spend more of their volunteer energies in their own
counties wherever it is needed.  But we are always glad to welcome them
here.

Our Hort Ed (agent) had previously ruled out work at the local conservatory
as counting for volunteer work, because it was considered double-dipping.
The Conservateers was a volunteer organization and many MGs are members of
that too.  But you can't volunteer for a conservateer project and collect
appreciation from both orgs.  However, the city recently disbanded the
volunteer group but still avails itself of their usefulness, but there is no
volunteer structure for them.  So now our Hort Ed says those hours can be
counted.

Did the Knoxville agent give any logical explanation for ruling out the
trail Garden other than its location?

Kitty
neIN, Z5