To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 9:02 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Re: [Chat] bestfriends

I worked in the UTK Trial Gardens yesterday. One of the volunteers is a
Doberman rescue. She said that the various animal rescue groups are trying
to help.

We are really having problems with our Master Gardener program. Two
counties, with greater population and interest, have historically shared
teaching and coordinating the program. Now, the new Knoxville Agent wants
to sharply divide the two, and he doesn't want to count work at the Trail
Garden as satisfying the volunteer requirements...he announced this at a
meeting in August to be effective this year!!!

Bonnie ETN Zone7